FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Signal Test

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedhiWUG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Signal Test Reply with quote

Hi, I live in Highveld Park and request any of the Admin guys to please assist me with doing a signal test and getting me connected on the WUG.

I would really appreciate the assistance.

Many thanks in advance

Kindest regards
Logan Redhi
083 447 7786
5 Birmingham Street
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please read http://www.ptawug.co.za/content_list_11 and follow the instructions
RedhiWUG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response ProtZkroG. I got to where I am now by following those instructions and I am stuck now.
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ptawug.co.za/content_list_11

Secton 2:

2. LOS picture and signal tests

1. If you are not sure that you have line of sight to a highsite - get on your roof and take HIGH RESOLUTION pictures in every direction, then upload the pictures on www.wug.za.net's under your node's (location's) settings.
2. Then connect on IRC and post the link to your node's pictures - the guys on IRC can help you check if you will be able to see the highsite. If you can physically see the highsite you are sorted. Check the Highsite Locations page for info about what to look for to spot the highsites.
3. There is mobile LOS test equipment available to do signal tests at persons wanting to connect but have not bought kit yet, and you can organise on IRC with one of the current members to come to your location and check if they can establish a connection with the highsite using the dedicated test equipment.
4. To organise a signal test please send a mail with your details to ptawug@gmail.com - it will be forwarded to the tester for the area you are in, he will contact you to set a time and date for the test. Signal tests are free of charge, wuggers take turns to keep the test kits and test signal at interested persons. Please include your address, cell number, node name on wug.za.net and the highsites that you have theoretical line of sight to, in the email.
5. Please note that a signal test will not be done if you have not taken pictures from your roof and uploaded them to the gallery. The reason for this is that some people have CLEAR line of sight to highsites, can see the antennas with their bare eyes, to do a test is a waste of time as a connection will be easily possible.
6. Please connect and stay on IRC for quick feedback and response from the signal testers after you have made direct contact with them on email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> WugNet All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: