FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

New user needs help with mIRC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
froot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: New user needs help with mIRC Reply with quote

vent
I have done everything that this page says up until the step involving logging into a chat program written by an advanced programming person that obviously assumed that the rest of the population automatically knows all the chat commands for this program from the day they were born. The mIRC help, google or this site does not seem to contain any information on how to connect to server irc.wug.za.net and channel #wnet, or shall I rather say I don't really have the kind of time to perform in depth excavations for instructions/connection menu that should be right right there in front of me when I open a networking program - duh!
Can we have instructions on how to connect to this server please, in the FAQ, just for us IRC dummies.
Thanks
/vent
F4ckn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Froot,
There are tons of articles online about how to add a server and join a channel in Mirc.
Alternatively use the online chat if you are battling that much, but I don't think too much effort was put into the situation.

F4
froot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks F4
I think I figured it out.
I got stuck assuming that the WUG server should feature on the servers list provided by the program and if it didnt I was expecting a search function of some sort to look for it. The thought of adding a server was one of creating my own brand new one just for me that I would have to run a huge promotion on before I found anybody that could help me with my WUG connection. I tried adding it and think I found it - well - lots of colourful text scrolled up the page and a bunch of usernames appeared on the RHS.
This is how I did it:
In mIRC-
File > select server
Select 'add'
Description - WUG
Server- irc.wug.za.net
Select 'add'
Select 'WUG'
Wndow pops up, type in '#wnet'
Select 'add'
Bingo.

Is this correct?
froot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that worked for a whole 5 minutes and won't let me back in. This online chat, how do I find it?
daffy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wug.za.net/chat.php
Pick one...
Most people use the mibbit link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> HowTo's All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: