FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Hi, new member from Linksfield

View previous topic :: View next topic  
froot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Hi, new member from Linksfield Reply with quote

Just to say hi and wish I knew about this earlier.

I read on the Jawug website that I am able to check coverage in my area using a 'wugplotter' and google earth or something like that. Cant find where I input the coordinates to check coverage and was wondering if someone could give me a link to this or just tell me weather I'm in range or not. From the roof of my house I have line of sight to that huge mast on Galoolies/Linksfield ridge. Not sure if you guys have an antenna on there and if I'll be in it's range.

Thanks.
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Froot, the easiest way is to follow the getting started guide, login to wugnet on the site move over the wugplotter menu and click add location. Once you location is added you will be able to download the KML file with the node locations
froot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd revive my old topic instead of reposting it. I find it odd that there is no active node somewhere along the top of Linksfield ridge at this late stage of Jawug.
I see in the kml there is a planned node for Linksfield ridge called 'Orange Grove' if I'm not mistaken.
This node would be perfect to connect to from my location and was wondering how to expedite this node's planning. If it involved me assisting with the process that's fine just point me in the right direction or if you can help please let me know.
uberflyx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi froot

You might want to look into eastwug since you are kind of on that side. They seem to have separated from jawug, but are still connected to jawug. I can't remember who you need to speak to, but ask in the jawug chat room. A friend fo mine in benoni is in the process of getting connected, and we figured this out a bit late!

They have their own kmz file for the area... but you have to ask them for it.

It's a bit of a strain, I know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: