FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Planning!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Planning! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Well as you you would have guessed I'm new to this whole WUG thing and the functionality it holds....

So what i was planning to do is at beginning of next year (moving the end of the year, so don't wanna blow R2000+ now and then have no connection at the new house)..... I want to setup a little file sharing server(s) < in the future if all goes well (FTP I think) at my house for all to use, I'm in the process of collecting parts for my lil project(so far i've got a lil box that has a Pentium d e2200 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 320GB (os drive and another partion for sharing files) and then later will add 2x 500GB [maybe in raid]) for greater storage... and a 8 Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch

but what i wanna know is if I purchase the WUG Kit (Routerboard 433)from Scoop or Miro plus lighting protection ....and then set it up with the server and switch, can i use the remaining two ethernet ports to utilize in theory 300Mbps (30MB/s) and share it among all the WUG users (throttling provided by the machine of course and the gaming priority that takes place on the WUG Networks).

Kind Regards,
Raymond
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which wug?
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sorry, its for Jawug
Abudabi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably team the cards... if the cards supported that. TBH though, getting a gigabit card would be far easier and they not that expensive anymore.

Good Luck!
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok yeah that could work, but then if I were to get a gigabit card, would i need to get a different routerboard cause that 433 one only supports 100mb ?
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> HowTo's All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: