FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Monitoring?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanDSamson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Monitoring? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my lack of tertiary education is tangible. Someone told me that "wireless" communication "cannot be monitored" because it's "wireless". I guess that's between the wireless device and the router, after which any character input can be monitored because the communication travels along wires. Are some users totally exempt from all monitoring? If so how? Does the CIA really monitor Google, every character that is input onto a computer, every syllable that travels electronically is monitored by monitoring agencies (smell conspiracy theory here) and people's identity is revealed to the CIA? I am trying to win a discussion with a "know-it-all" technology-speaking who claims that no wireless communication can be monitored because it's wireless. He cannot substantiate his claim. Can someone here please assist me with some evidence? Thank you.
kd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just google wireless hacking and you'll see all the evidence you will ever need. Wireless is far "easier" to hack then wired cause you can do it anywhere within signal range.
ciao
pseudoTWIT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Monitoring Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Like I thought, the original complainant had something to add about wireless being less able to be monitored than online, which I disputed, but he's adamant that NIA does not have sufficient staff to monitor all wireless broadcasts. I cannot win that argument.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: