FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Mikrotik SXT5 - poor performance / packet loss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakes_SK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Mikrotik SXT5 - poor performance / packet loss Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I am taking a chance here, hoping someone could help me.

I stumbled across this forum while searching for some Mikrotik help. I am based in Cape Town, on a small holding in Philippi. We do not have have any Telkom service there and I need to to get a static IP address to be allowed VPN to a client.

I have arranged with a friend to use his Telkom line in Ottery for my ADSL service - 2.7km away. Currently I have had the ADSL activated and purchased and installed two Mikrotik SXT5 devices.

I have installed it using a tutorial I downloaded from the internet. Everything is working, but not that well.

If I do a speed test between the devices I get upto 30mbps. This is ideal as I have a 10mbps line. However I get lots of packet loss. Is there anyway I can optomise this? I cant even stream youtube smoothly with an uncapped unshaped line.

There are perhaps two things I could address first. The poles are not mounted securely, so there is lots of swaying in the wind. Im not 100% sure that the devices are facing each other perfectly.

If anyone can offer some tips, I'd appreciate it or if anyone offers a service, I am willing to pay.
Jakes_SK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Smile

PS! I'm willing to pay someone to fix it, or perhaps just point me to a company who can assist.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> WugNet All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: