FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Nelspruit Mpumalanga Largescale WUG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpstroebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Nelspruit Mpumalanga Largescale WUG Reply with quote

Hi all.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for starting a new topic for questions about a Nelspruit WUG.

Secondly, I have financial support for the implementation of a large scale WUG and have already acquired permission from certain property owners to erect masts in key locations in Nelspruit. Ask any local in Nelspruit and I am sure they will inform you that our terrain is not of the smoothest kind, Steiltes is a key location but it does not cover enough area as there are “small koppies” in the way.
The main reason for starting this new topic is that I need heaps of information about the kind of radios that will be needed.

I have had a look at few of Orinoco’s (Proxim) products and like the idea of creating a wireless mesh.
I basically want to bring a 2.4 GHz wireless connection to home and office users on laptops, pc’s and any mobile devices. As far as I understand the Device layer will use a 2.4 GHz connection to the closest AP, from there the AP will be connected to the mesh via a 5 GHz connection which will go the backhaul and then ultimately the server.

If anyone is able to give me any information on this or correct me in any areas that I may be wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
eugeneb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JP,

I know I am responding to an old post, but is there a wug in Nelspruit

Thanks

Eugene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: