FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Kempton Park area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZS6DXB

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Kempton Park area Reply with quote

Hi There Guys

I wonder if you can help me. I am situated in Kempton Park / border to Edenvale and only have a laptop with a wireless (802.11) card installed in it. Any hope for me in this area to also have some fun?

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards
Rhynhardt Louw ZS6DXB
Zs6dxb@webmail.co.za
www.zs6dxb.bravehost.com
mossie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ZS6DXB

it is better to put a wireless router on your roof or on your tower if you have one as these are connected to a high gain antenna witch makes them much stronger then the normal ones in the notebook.

Please regestir on Wugplotter so we can check how to get you connected Smile

Mossie
ZR6I
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ZS6DXB

What i recommend is login to wugnet and add yourself to the WugPlotter, that was you can see where all the jawug nodes are
siberian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: WugPlotter Reply with quote

Where do I register for the wugplotter ?, when I log in i'm directed to the forums only ?

Graeme
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to http://www.wug.za.net you will see the login box on the top right of the screen under the banner
ZR4LP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: wireless accespoint on roof Reply with quote

Hi all

i put a AP on roof connected to my Front computer, i can now walk 200 mtrs away with my HP PDA and connect to my accesspoint on the roof.
the accespoint still have its original 1/4wave antenna on. imagine if i put a decent colinear antenna on it and put it on my radio tower at 20mtr height.
On my notebook with the PCMCIA card i got a external antenna and get about 300 mtrs range with a directional antenna.

i installed 2 digital repeaters on Doringkruin Klerksdorp, frequency is 2352 and 2372 Ghz, it is a Mikrotik routerboard with 2 350mW radio cards installed, each running to their own separate 16 dBi gain antenna,coverage is the whole Klerksdorp and we figured we will cover about 20 km distance, the world record is 201km. so 20 km would be piece of cake. throughput is plus 500kbps. u can lanchat send files , play games, copy data, share photos videos etc mp3 . We plan to install a good quality video camera at the top of the tower.

So put ur AP high.

ZR4LP
Johan
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johan, ek check op PCN se forum jy run 350mW radios in Klerksdorp, sover ek weet is die legal output power limit 100mW ?
ZR4LP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: 350mW Reply with quote

Ons Toerusting saai uit op 2,352 en 2,372Ghz in die Radio Amateur band van 2 tot 2,5Ghz, ja die gewone wifi kanaal 1 tot 8 val ook in ons radio amateur band . Altwee ons digitale repeaters het lisensies soos wat ICASA vereis vir ENIGE repeater.
So ook ons 6mtr , 2mtr, en 70 cm repeaters, Ons het vir hulle ook lisensies.
Ja ek is i radio amateur. Die Toring behoort aan die radioklub.
Ons as radio amateurs mag 400watt uitsaai. Maar dis onmoontlik/moeilik om meer as 2 of 3 watt amplifiers te kry wat op 2,4ghz werk. Buitendien dis baie duur en jy kry beter resultate met parabolic antennas want hulle konsentreer die sein in i kleiner area in,
Die wereld rekord is 201km met 4 mtr parabolics en 100mwatt

PS volgens wet mag Internet service providers net uni gain antennas gebruik , maw antennas sonders wins , iaw i gewone omni direktionele kwartgolf antenna nie langer as 3cm nie. hulle saai ieg almal 350mW uit.
Solank niemand kla nie sal ICASA nie kom loer nie.

Gaan loer by www.sarl.org.za en tik my roepsein daar in in die search area ''ZR4LP'' Al my details is daar.

So dink daaraan om ook radio amateur te word,dit het sy voordele.

Kontak my gerus vir enige navrae, ek help altyd as ek kan.
As jy ooit in die omgewing is kon maak i draai ,dan gaan wys ek jou ons toerusting.

Johan Visagie
ZR4LP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: