FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Problems with WUG plotter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouisSmith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Problems with WUG plotter Reply with quote

Morning all

I am trying to enter my Google Co-ordinates into thw WUG plotter but I keep getting the error that my co-ordinates do not fall within the boundaries of the WUG error. I am in Roodekrans Roodepoort. My Google co-ordinates are 26 6'3.53"S and 2750'58.79"E.

I am pretty sure that I am not entering it in the correct format but have now tried various different formats to no avail.

Please help. Thanks Louis
catilre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You getting it almost right, just take the spaces out of them. Thats what the problem was for me. Give it a try like that. I think its a firefox problem but i could be very wrong.
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# Using Google Earth (earth.google.com 14MB) to get the coordinates for your location (please use the decimal degrees-only format eg. -25.5764, 28.4634 ... To set google earth to display it this way click Tools -> Options and set the coordinate format to Decimal Degrees
# If you can not use Google Earth (blocked by firewall or policies etc.) you can use www.wikimapia.org to find your coordinates. Browse to your house, put the cross in the middle of the screen on your house then look at the URL for the page. The URL wil look something like this : http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=-25.724021&lon=28.223405&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2 in the URL you will find the coordinates after the lat and lon keywords - in this case it will be : -25.724021, 28.223405
# Click WugNet -> WugPlotter -> Add location and enter your locations details (the height input is the height above the ground that you will be able to mount an antenna, at least 5m). Please give your node an descriptive name, prefrably your nickname. Please don't name your node House or My Place or something like that - nodes with undescriptive names are useless on the KML.
LouisS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Thanks for your feedback Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your feedback. I have established that for some reason when I created my user name initially, it did nor link me to JAWUG for some reason. I created a new profile under a new username LouisS and that solved the Webplotter problem.

Thanks for your responses.

Louis
McGuywer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Don't wanna register a new user.

Is there some way to change my WUG?
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey McGuywer, what WUG would you like to change to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> WugNet All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: