FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Please Help me to get someone to install and help me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gweedo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Please Help me to get someone to install and help me Reply with quote

HI

Can anyone help me please?
I urgently need a WUG installed at my house.

I live in Jacques str moreleta Park.

There is a guy callind linkx or something like that .500m from me and if someone has his number for me or could ask him to call me I would very much appreciate it.

Regards
Brandon
daffy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gweedo,

Have you read the getting started guide, and followed the instructions?

I am curious though, why is this so urgent?

Regards,
Daffy.
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please read and follow the instructions. http://www.ptawug.co.za/content_list_11
Unless you are in a wheelchair, or have other kind of physical disability, you can install it yourself.
Gweedo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

Yes I have read the start up and it does not help me trying to do this on my own a I have limited knowledge.

@ Daffy - It is urgent as I have been Let down TWICE by the same personm to come and install WUG and its been almost 6 weeks now.

Im tired of relying on friends to get me my downloads and would like to be indepnedant.

I hope all answers are acceptable and that someone can send me a person name and number so that I can get it installed?

In Not in a wheelchair , but I have had a back op last year and live in a double story thatchroof house with 15m walls.
So the rest is simple

Thx
G
Atti2de

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gweedo,

Even though your knowledge is currently limited, I would strongly suggest you attempt and do this yourself. Being part of the WUG is more than just connecting, its about the social and learning experience too.

As ProtZkroG said, read the PTAWUG getting started guide (http://www.ptawug.co.za/content_list_11) and start helping yourself.
ODD1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gweedo I don't think you have the right approach towards this whole wugging thing. Sounds like you should rather get yourself uncapped ADSL or something similiar so that people can come and install it for you. More than 500 other people on PTAWUG alone followed that guide on www.ptawug.co.za and got connected themselves with minimal help from others. And if you get stuck and need help, you're welcome to come on IRC and ask the people there to give you advice.
Bloax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile nee boet jy kan mos nie dit laat klink of jy nou moerrig is oor jou wug kit nie sy pad dak toe kan vind nie.
Het jy al gedink om teljoy of so iemand te try om jou installation te kom doen, want niemand hier dink ek wil grasdakke klim in luch tyd nie.
Verander jou sienning oor die installassie en vra dalk net of iemand jou kan help weens jou rug probleem , en teen n vergoeding en n beter attitude sal jy reg kom ! Hoop jy het n lekker dag verder
DenSweeP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without trying to offend or sound rude, no one is just going to come and do this for you. Unless you have a physical disability or are prepared to pay someone, lots, you need to do this yourself. Part of the whole WUG experience is to learn and expand your knowledge. Be it learning about wi-fi or even just how to use a drill.

By all means, state that you need help and say that you are prepared to graft, you just require assistance and I'm sure someone will help you. BUT, no one is going to do everything for you.

Remember, this is a free service that is made possible by all the members and their contributions. You only need buy your own equipment.
Danie Harmse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ek het 5 weke gevat om n sein te kry wat ek wou gehaad het dis hkm jy self moed doen want ek het baie geleer daai 5 weke koman ou dis nou nie so moeilik nie
HermanK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all I am from Polokwane and is looking to start a WUG here but i have some hardware questions....

Can any one please help me....
dbotha23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will it cost me so that someone else can install this for me?
ProtZkroG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no install service
PTAWUG is not a business, it is a community network.
You can ask on IRC for someone to come and help you
All the steps and pictures and diagrams are on the getting started guide on www.ptawug.co.za - it's easy - unless you are in a wheelchair or have a other kind of physical disability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> PTA WUGs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: