FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Can you connect a lan to wug?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jfreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Can you connect a lan to wug? Reply with quote

Hi all

Just a question, we host a monthly lan and are interested in getting our lan connected to wug. Could i just do the setup and then connect the routerboard to a switch or would i need a "wug server" of sorts. I have done the Los and i think we will be able to reach Jozi node from where we are. We are in the south of Jhb near glenanda. Any advise would be most welcome.
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that would be pretty easy, with our new network structure its very easy to integrate an additional network range. where does your lan take place?
Jfreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Xarion

We ae in the south of Jhb near the glen shopping centre. The subburb we are in is called suideroord. We have the lan at a church hall there every month. have checked the Los to Jozi and i think we will be able to pick up a signal. Would we be able to simply take a lan cable directly from the router intoone of our switches? and if we do so do we have to configure each pc's ip or can they just receive addresses from the router?
xarion
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get the route to assign everyone an IP tha'ts not a problem, how many guys are at the LAN usually ? Can you see the towers at the top of hill by Comaro Road? We also are just finding some time and we'll get Silverball up and running too
Jfreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think well be able to see deep south, the church is on a downward slope just behind a little hill that obscures deepsouth, i think Jozi would be a better bet, but will get up on the roof and have a look. Lan usually has about 20-40 people depending on the month and we hope to grow that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> WugNet All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: