FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Sponsorship Form

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Sponsorship Form Reply with quote

Dear Fellow WUG Users and Admins,

First off, the WUG Network is a great intuitive idea from what i've gathered from...the only problem is funding, being that this government and whatnot is so corrupt haha, its not that easy to keep a hobby alive nowadays being taxes, wonderful water & lights bills, etc .....anyways Razz

I wanted to know if its possible to hand out sponsorship forms to gather donations solely based on expanding the WUG Network, that being Just cash, spare parts ...heck even free high site locations (if possible).

The reason I'm asking is that I've currently got 2 Servers + 1 Firewall & Router in place ready (to be utilized for WUG Purposes such as file sharing, game server, etc) and the necessary network equipment, except for the WUG Kit.... why you may ask, well next year I''ll be moving... so i would first need to check my coverage and budget haha... but I'm sure that wont be a problem if i ask one of the users nearby to relay me to a high site from he's location ?

But if any one has any knowledge on this topic, plz feel free to reply back, asap Smile Thanks

Yours Faithfully,
Raymond
Vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raymand,

We do indeed have a sponsorship letter but this is only for use for high site space on buildings and towers etc but not really appropriate for a node.
I guess the first step would be to plot and see what are the options in terms of LOS and high sites

If there is no LOS then try to find a suitable high site that would assist multiple users and then get support from the users in the area and the site owner,

This is how the entire wug was built. Depending on the number of users and physical access to possible high site we could be willing to fund the kit needed if there is initiative from the community.

Neil
JAWUG- Mancom Chairman
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil (Vampyre),

Thanx for the reply, was begin to lose hope that no one was interested in helping.....but of course this is a community project, so it takes time. You guys have a Life Very Happy

OK, I understand that you would just have sponsorship forms for high sites and the funding would be provided like you said, "if there is initiative from the community.".

So, what I'll be doing is setting up my node in the near future and connect to MulderSimba, pippen, or blight?

(Not Sure.....had a look on Google Earth, I did the removing of layers to just see the high sites but only some of them provide a beam radius, but if you could help me with finding high sites I'll be extremely grateful Mr. Green ).

Anyways, my future goals then for my setup would to upgrade the routerboard 433 to 433GL that has gigabit ports, then have all 3 slots with 802.11n cards, with 31dbi Grid Antennas, and that MIMO 2x2 thing activated, this then allowing me to serve multiple users and decent speeds, what you think ?

Really appreciate your reply, I can see this WUG network going a long way! and it already has! Cool

Yours Faithfully,
Raymond
kd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to get answers or advice is to be part of the community even if you are connected or not.
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,being part of the community even though I'm not connected entails .....joining the IRC ?

thanx for the reply anyways.
kd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, joining in on random discussions and giving your 2 cents where ever (:
ray.dummer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks man....will give it a shot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: