FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Point To Point Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawndewet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Point To Point Advice Reply with quote

Hi folks I need some advice/assitance here please. Although it is not WUG-related, I figured this may be the right place to ask the question.

I want to share a 40Mbps ADSL connection at one point with a network at a location that is 1.55km away.
I understand that I may need something like a 5GHz 19dBi NanoBeam at each end (http://www.scoopdistribution.co.za/product_info.php/5ghz-19dbi-nanobeam-airmax-p-1596). Is this the way to go, or should I be looking at other hardware (I don't want the speed between the points to be a bottleneck that makes the connection slower than 40Mbps)? According to Google Earth, the transmitting location elevation is 22m higher than the receiving location, and there is a residential neighborhood in between. So I may need some serious masts as well.

What hardware/cabling would I need between the ADSL router and the transmitting antenna?

And what hardware/cabling would I need between the receiving antenna and the network switch to which all devices connect?

--Shawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: