FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Share internet connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnoP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Share internet connection Reply with quote

I came here as a result of an article in MyBroadband. I would guess that, like many other visitors, I was looking for an internet connection. I now know that this is not what Wug is all about. But..... why not?

My fair to middling understanding of the technology being used tells me that it is certainly possible to share one or more ADSL/fibre/LTE connections between one or more users. I would love to share a 20-40Gb/s 100-200 GB/month connection with 3 or 4 other users each paying R200-R300/ month. These small groups could be located anywhere and could each make their own rules. These groups could make a financial contribution to Wug. This would benefit even those, such as the current users, who simply want a network without internet connection - the network could expand capacity without the current need to be financially supported by voluntary contributions.

Any thoughts?
Greenfanta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it with you, do you have Fibre by you? Which area in JHB?
oceanmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: REASONS WHY NOT Reply with quote

According to the law the permission that the WUG has to operate is for testing purposes. In order to avoid ever overstepping the legal boundary of providing a value added service in competition with wireless providers any internet traffic sharing over the WUG was decided to be strictly against WUG policy.

If you want to create this type of network just keep it away from the WUG equipment and everyone is happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: