FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Struggling with too much information and not enough info.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Struggling with too much information and not enough info. Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I'm a noob. I've been checking out this WUG for a while now. Last time I checked, there was no coverage in Kemptonpark, but it seem to have changed.

I've read as much as possible of the available information, but I'm still struggling with the basics.

1. I've tried to get into the IRC chat, via browser, but that doesn't seem to work.
2. I've got a WRT54GL ver1.1 Currently I'm back on the linksys firmware after playing with a few others. I'm unsure of which firmware will be the best for me. I'd really prefer one with a web interface.
Please give suggestions.

My location on the google map is called "KemptonDark"

I'm only planning to get on top of the roof this weekend and to see if I can pickup the signal. (I doubt I can scan for signals with the Linksys firmware, I might use Tomato for that)

I'm hoping to get a signal with the standard antena's with the unit mounted about 10 meters above ground, but somehow, I think I'll have to look at a better antenna. Suggestions and prices would be appreciated.
superkew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man

Im still not on the wug, but lemme give you some advice Smile

1. use the irc on the www.ptawug.co.za site. its easier. from there u can join wnet by typing /join #wnet.
2. The main guys from the WUG will need to see what you can see. so you have to get pictures from your roof and upload them to the gallery before anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> Jawug All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: