FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    

Wireless in Yellowwood Park!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stilly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Wireless in Yellowwood Park!! Reply with quote

Hey there i stay in yellowwood park and i so badly wanna join dwc!!! but i wanna know if there is anyone in yellowwood park or around that i can connect to so i can jump on the band wagon!! Laughing if there isnt is there a way i can get on it anyway? plz let me know ASAP guys... im stoked to join
kidharb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Chatsworth's gona get hooked up Reply with quote

Hey Stilly

Im in Chatsworth and just found out about WUC.
From my place i can just about see the top of the bluff, the airport and some of montclair. I can also see yellowwood park, but i dont know if i can c u!
Im looking at getting 10km+ hardware, hopefully il be able to connect to someone. When are you getting your hardware?
Download the latest kml for G-Earth to check where i am.

Kidhar
djtracer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Woodlands AP Reply with quote

Hi Guys
We are currently in the process of organizing a 5.8GHz connection to Durban and placing a ~2.5km radius 2.4Ghz AP in Woodlands.

We will be installing a 5.8Ghz connection from Montclair to the Bluff in the near future along with a 2.4GHz AP and 2.4GHz connection to Woodlands.

Then with delicate placement considering a AP in YWP.

Stilly, let us know where you stay, might be able to make a deal with your roof... Smile

Give us some co-ords from Google and we'll see how we can accommodate you guys.

Casey

email: multinet@[REMOVE THIS]vodamail.co.za
kidharb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Casey

What about putting it on top of the water resevoir in Yellowood Park?

Regards
Kidhar
djtracer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kidhar, I think you are referring to the water tower in woodlands right? That is one of our original highsites for the AP. We are in current negotiations with the water department. my email address = djtracer@vodamail.co.za, keep in touch, and we'll keep you informed. We want to create a Durban South community.
eddysteytler@rocketmail.c

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Hi any one in Yellowwood Park could you let me Know what Freqency does Wug work on. Is it the 5.8ghz or the 2.4gghz. I would like to join as well as I am at the top of Sarnia Rd Rossburgh from where I can see the front of Yellowood Park. Where are the towers around here to direct at. I over look Overport Westville Town Umbilo Areas & part of the freeway at Yellow Wood. Is there any one who can direct me in the right direction to be able to connect.
Eddy.
Confused
djtracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddy, they use both frequencies... but the "High Sites" are mostly on 2.4GHz... try aiming south see if you can reach uplink2.dswc for interest sack? we are in the process of linking.... but you should be aiming to durban or the bluff from where you are... look for dbn?.dwc.co.za, Casey -> email me djtracer[delete this]@vodamail.co.za
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wug.za.net Forum Index -> DWC All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: